How to begin your child's journey...
Admission for the new academic year commences in the month of September/October (of the previous academic year).
Normally admissions for KG1 are only open for siblings, while admissions to other grades depend on vacancies.
As per the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) KG1 children registering for the academic year 2018-19 will have to be 4 years old by 31st July 2018. For KG1 there is no admission test.
For all other grades, admission is granted on the basis of an Admission/Entrance test.
At the time of admission, students must present the following documents:
- Completed admission form
- 3 copies of the student’s Birth Certificate or an affidavit attested by the Counsul General
- 3 copies of the student’s passport with a valid residence visa
- 6 passport size photos
- Original Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate, duly attested for students from abroad
- Photocopy of student’s original mark sheet from the last examination passed in the previous school
- Medical Certificate from a government hospital, or from recognised clinics, declaring the health status of the student
For students coming from outside the U.A.E., the following order of attestation must be observed for the Transfer Certificate:
For students coming from India:
The Transfer Certificate has to be verified by the Education Officer of the Zone/District/Area, from where the Transfer Certificate has been obtained
The seal and signature of the Education Officer has to be attested by the Indian Consulate in Dubai and the Foreign Affairs Ministry of the U.A.E.
For students coming from Gulf countries other than the U.A.E. the Transfer Certificate should be:
Attested by the Ministry of Education, Indian Embassy, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and by the U.A.E. Consulate/Embassy located in the country
Whilst we never like to say goodbye to our pupils, we understand that circumstances can change. If you would like to withdraw your child from The Millennium School, Dubai, please consider the following:
- One month’s written notice of the withdrawal should be submitted to the School Authorities
- The withdrawal form, along with a fee of Dhs.15/- towards the Transfer Certificate should be submitted to the School Office within the first week of the month
- If the form and fee are not received within the first week of the month, one month’s fees in lieu of notice will be charged
One month's notice of withdrawal to be submitted as follows:
Log on to www.gems.ae
Click on GEMS OASIS - PARENTS
Log in with your parent USERNAME and PASSWORD
Click on TC request on the right hand side ,fill all the details and save.
You will get a system generated notification.
After the clearance of the fees the transfer certificate will be sent to the new school if the child is transferring to a school inside Dubai.
Dhs. 120/- KHDA charges to be paid if the child is moving out of Dubai to a different Emirate or outside UAE. A hard copy of the transfer certificate will be issued with the KHDA attestation.
Removal from Rolls
A student’s name will be struck off the school rolls on the following grounds:
- Absence from school for a period of 30 continuous days, without the prior permission of the School Authorities
- Repeated failure in any Grade
- Gross misconduct
Students whose names are struck off the rolls may be considered for re-admission to the school at the Principal’s discretion; however they may be required to undergo the formalities of the admissions process